Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Stan's Donuts in Santa Clara, Be Careful it's Very Hot
Stan's Donuts lives up to Local folklore
On any given morning you can take a drive by Stan's Donuts and there you should find some serious breakfast treats. Among them:
- The raised glazed are HOT, tasty, a little greasy and HUGE
- Buttermilk Bar + Peet's Coffee (bring your own) need I say more?
- Chocolate Old Fashioned, great chocolate, great donut
- Cake w/ Chocolate & Sprinkles, again -- great cake and great Chocolate
- Nothing here is organic, that's for sure
- They've got what they've got, for isntance they didn't seem to have apple fritters that day
- No soda
- No bottled water for sale
Finally, they kicked us out for bringing our own coffee, so I'd like to thank Armadillo Willy's for providing us a place to enjoy Hot Donuts, Taco Bell for providing Pepsi for those who needed more caffeine and Quizno's who sold bottled water. This is one mini mall that had it all.
Sometimes there's nothing better than fresh, hot donut not made by Krispy Kreme and Stan's delivers. They may not be #1 in customer service but their donuts are top notch and made by hand, so bring your own beverages and plan on taking them to go or sitting outside.
Where's your favorite Donut shop? hit my comments.
Have you tried the donut wheel on De Anza north of Steven's Creek? They're Open 24hrs and their donuts are nice and fresh and yummy too!